Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Part 2: The arrival of our baby boy!

At 6am on Sept. 17th, they checked me and I was at 6cm. I had gone from 3 to 6 overnight. At that point, they told me it was time for my epidural. Tim began contacting our family to let them know we were there.

They had me sit on the edge of the bed and bend forward for the epidural. I was scared in general of the fact that they were going to put a needle in my spine. I was in pain, so I knew it would be worth it. The tough part was the 2 contractions I had while they were trying to get me to be still to insert the needle. OUCH! Once the contractions were over, they gave me the epidural and I felt amazing within seconds after. I was having contractions and didn't even know it!

At that time, our family began showing up. They asked me how I was feeling and I was able to say WONDERFUL! The epidural was AMAZING! We were glad our family was there, but very thankful we had not called them the night before as it would have made it a little more chaotic and not as calm. A while later, they asked my family to step out so they could check me...I had gone from 6 to 9 cm in 45 minutes...they told me it was time to start pushing!

With Tim by my side, I pushed for an hour. It was so strang to have a conversation going between contractions with Tim and the delivery nurse. I had been expecting a totally different experience after seeing movies and hearing stories from others. The pushing part was tough, but nothing like I had imagined. Once again, the epidural was AMAZING!



First family pic (I was worn out!)

Dr. Michael and L&D Nurse Rhonda Wiggins

I felt so blessed to have had such a wonderful pregnancy experience with no morning sickness and then a fairly easy delivery (minus the labor pains from Thursday night). Through that experience I discovered that maybe my pain tolerance was a little higher than I thought :).

To be continued in Part 3!
See Part 1 HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers