Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Part 1: The Arrival of our baby boy!

On Thursday, 9/16/10, I had a doctor's appointment at 11am. I was nervous about what kind of progress I had made because I had been at 1cm for the previous 3 weeks. I knew that no progress did not mean I could not make a lot of progress in a small amount of time, but I still felt that a change would make me feel like I was closer to meeting baby Boston. The doctor checked me and I was at 3cm! She said that the Braxton Hicks contractions that I thought I was having were real, even though I told her I had not been in a lot of pain. I had only had slight cramping and a small back ache in the few days before and thought nothing of it. She told me that based on my progress, if I didn't have him that night... it would definitely be by that weekend. I called Tim and he was just as excited as I was. We were both in awe at the fact that we were so close to meeting our little honey. I headed back to work and was very busy that afternoon. I tried to finish up everything that was in progress and leave notes on things I could not finish, just in case Boston decided to come that night. Because I was so busy, I was not paying attention to my contractions. Once 5 o'clock hit, I got in my car and decided I might want to time them since I was not distracted with work. I timed them and they were about 4 to 5 minutes apart...the doctor told us to head to the hospital when they were 5 minutes apart...I was freaking out.

Thursday night, while lying in bed at the hospital...I sent myself this email:

"Right when I got home from work, I told Tim I wanted to load the car and take a shower because I felt like my contractions were close together. I cried because I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. I took a shower and Tim and I finished packing. I even made the bed and dried my hair a little. Tim and I got in the car and headed to the hospital. They told us they were keeping us here no matter what, since I was making progress. The nurse set up the monitors and my contractions are about 3 to 4 min apart. I'm still 3cm, but they will check again in an hour to see if I'm in active labor. I can't eat or drink and I'm starving! Baby B is worth it though! Its so weird to me that I'm not in pain, just a little back pain. I always thought that I would be hurting due to my low pain tolerance, but I guess it's also still early. This is so exciting! Tim is so patient and calm and I am so grateful. I love him so much!"

The night we went to the hospital
The nurse checked me and I was still the same. She gave me permission to eat a light supper. Tim went to Newk's and got dinner for us (a small salad for me). Tim and I decided not to call any family and tell them we were there, because we wanted to wait until we new I was in labor. We enjoyed a quiet night in the hospital and I was able to peacefully get through my contractions with just him. As the night went on, they started coming harder. I took some pain medicine so I could get some sleep and be okay if it got worse. A couple of hours passed and I was in A LOT OF PAIN. It became unbearable and the only thing that made me feel better was crying and breathing through the contractions, while concentrating on a single flower on the border of the wall. I paged the nurse and she told me that I could not have more medicine within 4 hours of a dosage. I told her I could not handle it and they should have informed me of that before I took the medicine when the pain wasn't that bad. She called the doctor and they were able to give me something else. I was able to sleep for a couple more hours once the medicine kicked in.

To be continued in Part 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers