Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blake Daniel Grace


Introducing our newest addition to the family...

Blake Daniel Grace
December 28, 2012, 12:57pm
6lbs. 2.6oz., 19.5 in.


We are very proud and happy to have welcomed our youngest baby boy, little Blake, into the world!  He is such a good baby and we love him so much!  He came a couple of weeks earlier, and we couldn't be more blessed.  He is healthy and happy!

The Birth Story...

We got back in town from our Christmas visit to Shreveport on Wednesday night.  It was good to be home and relax and Boston was happy to be reminded of all the toys he got :).  On Thursday morning, we decided to run a couple of errands before my doctor's appointment that afternoon.  We went to Sam's and stocked up on some items.  I tried to walk slowly and take it easy being 38 weeks pregnant, but by the end I just waited for Tim to grab the last couple of items.  

At my appointment, Dr. Peterson informed me that I was 3cm dilated.  I was 1cm dilated a week before Christmas and that is how she allowed me to travel.  I had been having some contractions, but I wasn't sure if they were the real thing.  She told me that really thought the baby would come within the next week, if not during the next couple of days and that the contractions were real.  Tim and I were expecting that after all the holiday festivities, that we might here some sort of news like that.  

After the appointment, we went home and I went into organization/nesting mode.  With the possibility of Blake arriving sooner than his Jan. 10th due date, I wanted to get as much done as possible.  Tim proceeded to help put Christmas decorations away as I did not want to come home to stuff everywhere if I were to go to the hospital.  I started making a grocery list so we would have plenty to eat at home.  At around 4pm, I started to notice that my contractions were about 15 minutes apart.  I let Tim know and I called our sweet neighbor, Shannon Shane, who had offered to take care of Boston if we needed her to.  Holly had offered too, but was still in Shreveport for Christmas.  I just wanted to take that extra precaution just.in.case.  With the contractions coming, I started taking ornaments off the tree and cleaning a little more.  Then, I took a shower and finished packing my suitcase.  At about 9pm, my contractions were getting closer and closer; they were about 5 minutes apart.  I was in denial and didn't want to tell Tim at first.  Once I told him, he called the Shane's and told them we would be over with Boston shortly because it was time to head to the hospital!

Last pregnant pic with Blake... 
and very very soon-to-be big brother Boston peeking in!

I had told many first-time-to-be moms that going into labor was nothing like the movies, because of my experience with Boston.  Well, my experience with Blake was completely different.  I was in pain with the contractions and the hospital ride was about 15-20 minutes away.  Each time I had a contraction, I was yelling and cursing at the stop lights wondering why the wouldn't turn green a little faster, since there weren't any cars coming!  Tim's memory of the trip was a little more funny in that he said I would yell and fuss and rush the ride during contractions, but as soon as each one ended I would tell him to "slow down and be careful honey, we'll get there soon enough"....then the next contraction would come and I would want him to go faster! ;)  Oh the joys!  It was just like the movies...ha ha!

We got to the hospital at about 10pm.  By that point I was 6cm dilated and in pain.  I had to wait for blood results for them to proceed with the much wanted epidural.  Dr. Peterson was wonderful and kept checking on me to make sure I was okay.  I finally got it at 11:30pm and shortly after I was at 10cm.   Time passed and I started to feel pressure.  The nurse left the room to inform the doctor and a whole team of people came back in the room.  It was time! Tim did a wonderful job holding my hand and supporting me through labor.

Our beautiful bundle of love arrived at 12:57pm!

My first moments with newborn Blake were so precious.
Once they handed him to me and he calmed down, we made our first eye contact...
then, he shared a small smile with me.  Greatest.feeling.ever!
Love at first site!


Precious moments with his Daddy. So sweet!


I adore this little munchkin!

Born with a head FULL of hair!

We could stare at him all day!


The hosptial, Memorial Hermann, brought us a cake!
Yummy and so thoughtful!

 Later that day, after some rest...
Daddy went to get Boston from the Shane's to meet little Blake.
He was unsure at first, but warmed right up to him.  
He was so fascinated by his teeny-tiny hands.

First pic of our boys together!

I love my guys!

We sang Happy Birthday to Blake with Boston.  
Aunt Hol captured the moment for us. :)
Our first family-of-4 photo.

Aunt Holly meeting Blake


Me and my babies

Boston loves to kiss his baby brother!

Some friends of mine from work came later that night.
They took this adorable pic of our little LSU fan.

Leslie and Rene meeting Blake!

The next morning, Holly sent this pic of Boston having fun with her and Ben!

The next evening, we decided we were ready to go home.  Lolli came in town to help and to meet her newest grandson.  I was wonderful to have the extra help. :)



Going home!

Blake's 1st car ride.  So little!



Snuggled safe and sound at home!

Blake and his Lolli.  Love :)  

The next morning, Holly and Ben brought Boston home.  I know Boston was glad to be home and didn't seem to affected by his new brother being there.  Afterall, he got to experience seeing his Christmas gifts again and finally get to play with them! :) It made the transition fairly easy.

We decided to take that moment and ask Holly and Ben to be Blake's godparents.
They felt so honored and we are glad they will be a big part of his life here in Houston!

1 comment:

  1. Blake totally looks like Tim, but when he is asleep, he purses his lips like Bonnie. So Sweet, Bonnie Boo!!!!!! I cannot wait to meet him :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers