Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

UNBELIEVABLE!



On January 9th, I woke up at 5:00am and decided to take a pregnancy test. Little did I know that it would actually show up POSITIVE! I woke Tim up and shared the news with him and we were very excited, but did not really believe it. It was just too good to be true. I have been dreaming about this my entire life and the day had finally come! We went back to sleep for a couple more hours and then I took another test. Then another....POSITIVE! We were so excited, but still would not believe it until we had more proof.

That night we went to Lauren Spano and Patrick Crawford's engagement party. Spano is one of my best friends.
She was the maid of honor in my wedding and I am honored to be the matron of honor in hers.

I am so happy for her! We had lots of fun at the engagement party. Spano looked absolutely beautiful and was glowing with happiness.



Congrats to the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Crawford!



That Tuesday, I went for a blood test because I had to make triple sure that I was, in fact, pregnant. I got a call later that afternoon confirming that Tim and I were in fact expecting a little miracle! We could not stop smiling over the wonderful news!

The next week we decided to have a "parents dinner weekend" to share the wonderful news. On Friday night, we had dinner with Mom and Richard at Cantino Laredo. The wait for our table was getting longer and longer and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I told my parents that I really wished I could have a margarita. They said "you can Bonnie...we'll get you one." I said "No I can't, I'M PREGNANT!" They were SO EXCITED and surprised. There was no way anyone could wipe the smiles off of their faces!

On Saturday night, we had dinner with Stacy, Gerald, Scott, and Loren. Scott had picked Olive Garden and we were very thrilled. That is where we told Tim's parents that we were engaged! Little did they know they were in for another surprise! Every time we get together Scott brings up what Stacy and Gerald will be called one day when they are grandparents. So, Tim decided that he would ask his dad that night. He asked him what he would like to be called when he was a grandparent and he jokingly said, "why....is Bonnie pregnant or something?". Tim then said "you better decide, you've got 8 months to do it!". With surprise and excitement Stacy yelled out "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!!!!" I just smiled and the secret was shared. Scott and Loren were gleaming with happiness and could not believe it. We know we don't have to worry about a baby sitter when the time comes! :)

On Sunday night, MomR and Dad came over for dinner at our house. While waiting for dinner to finish up, I decided to share a photo that we had taken with them at Spano and Patrick's engagement party. I got them both together and said "Look how great this picture of the 5 of us turned out!". MomR looked at it, then handed it to dad and said "you mean the 4 of us Bonnie" and I said "nope, there are 5 of us...Tim and I are going to have a baby!" Dad was still looking at the picture and wasn't really paying attention. Then MomR goes "REALLY?! How far along are you?" as soon as I answered, Dad immediately caught on and Tim and I just watched their overjoyed faces. The dinner conversation was all about babies that night and they left with huge smiles and a new baby on their minds.

One thing is for sure......Mom, Stacy, and MomR all have baby fever without a doubt. They are too funny and I am enjoying every minute of it!

A week later, I decided to tell my siblings. Of course when I told each of them, they did not believe it at first. I told both Michelle and Katie that Tim and I would like them to take a trip with us in September. They asked where and we said "to the hospital!" We got smiles of excitement and tears of joy! When we told Ryan, he was very excited and immediately told us how he cannot wait to teach our niece or nephew things. I was talking to Holly about when she is planning on coming home next to visit and I told her she should definately plan on coming in September. She said "why September?"... I told her "to meet her new niece or nephew...Tim and I are having a baby!". She was shocked and said "I cannot believe you're pregnant! Did you really just tell me your pregnant?". She told me she was getting light headed she was so excited! I asked Sarah if she could do some photography for us. She said sure and asked "of what?". I told her "of my growing belly and then the baby when it arrives". She was so surprised and could not stop grinning from ear to ear!

It is SO much fun sharing our exciting news! We could not be happier! We are looking forward to beginning this new adventure in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers