Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Baby Grace #2! (Journal Entries)

On Saturday, 5/12th of Mother’s Day weekend, I was feeling a bit nauseous.  B had an upset stomach on Thursday afternoon through the night.  The nausea would come and go.  I ate a good breakfast, homeade pancakes by my Dad, and then had a lunch consisting of snack food from the baby shower we threw for Spano and baby Crawford.  I figured maybe I didn’t feel well, because I was more hungry than I thought.  Later that evening, we went to Tim’s parents to hang out and have dinner for Mother’s Day.  I was happy when his mom decided on pizza for dinner from Johnny’s- YUM!  We never get it anymore, so it is a treat.  My stomach still felt quesy, but I ate anyway hoping that would make me feel better.  It did, but I still felt nauseous and I was really tired so I figured that was why.  Tim felt really bad and wasn’t able to eat a bite for dinner.  He was sick all night.  I just knew that I was going to catch this little “bug” he and B got.  While watching TV on Sunday night, I got another quesy feeling and felt a little light headed for a few moments.  Doing the math, I told Tim that I have a strong feeling I might be pregnant.  We briefly discussed how life might be..having 2 babies…but didn’t for long, because we don’t want to get our hopes up.  On Monday morning, I received a text from MomR informing me that she had the bug too and had to stay home from work.  Still unsure about whether this feeling was a “bug” or not, I just went about with my day.  I have been eating when I feel uneasy throughout the day.    Tim and I decided to give it a few days to see what happens.  I am trying my best to be patient! ;) 

5/18/12:  Yesterday afternoon I went to change as soon as I got home, as usual.  While there, I decided to take the PG test as well.  It turned POS within a couple of seconds!!!  It is 99% official (according to the test).  I waited until after Boston’s bath and put a cute little t-shirt on him that says, “Most Amazing Brother Ever” on it.  He walked into the room where Tim was sitting and shared the news with his Daddy.  Tim had a big smile! J  I can’t believe we’re going to be a family of 4!  Now…the wait for the 1st official dr. appointment! (and keeping it a secret!).  (Boston turned 20 months yesterday).


5/24/12:  I am nauteous quite often.  I am starving a lot and sometimes feel like I can eat more and more.  I inhaled my salad today and wanted more!  I often feel parched even though I am constantly drinking water.  It seems like I pee every 5 min. (at this rate it may be difficult to keep a secret for a few more weeks!).  I saw a 1 month old baby in  a store today and I am so looking forward to holding another of my own brand new baby in a few months!!! 

6/4/12:  The past couple of weekends, I have had the challenge of concealing our news around friends and family.  Michelle and Ryan were in for Memorial Day weekend and we had our neighbors over to grill out that Saturday.  Luckily, no one noticed that I wasn’t drinking.  I made a watermelon lime spritzer and said there was Vodka in it. J  This past weekend, I hosted bookclub for 50 Shades of Grey.  I was really nervouse about the girls finding out, because they have had a joke that someone will get preggo.  Everyone was all about drinking chilled white wine too (from the book) and I just knew they would notice if I made a “mixed drink” instead.  I lucked out and found alcohol free Chardonnay at the grocery store – I was pumped!  That night, I just refilled my glass from the back fridge (where my “special” wine was stored).  No one noticed when I went inside and came back out with my glass more full.  Later that night, they said “Bonnie – are you pregnant?”.  I told them no and asked why they thought so.  They informed me that they just suspected I was.  I told them I had a couple of glasses of wine.  They said if any of us did, they would expect us to tell.  I said “I don’t know how I could even think to keep it a secret”!  I fooled them ;) !!  The night was a SUCCESS!  It is going to be so fun to share the news with them and see theire reactions.  Next weekend, I will be in Lake Charles for a girls weekend with my Grandmother, Aunt, Mom, cousin, and sisters.  I will be purchasing alcohol free Merlot, before I head down (and hide it in my suitcase)!  Tim and I are waiting till July 4thweekend to tell our families in person!

Tomorrow is the 1st appointment.  I cannot wait!  I am really looking forward to the confirmation from the doctor J.  P.S.  At about 8 weeks, I feel like I am starting to get a firm, small belly.  I need to purchase more baggy, concealing shirts!

6/5/12:  I cried at the end of the movie Jack and Jill  and other silly things last night.  The Preggo tears are here!  Today is the day of the appointment!!! J

6/6/12: (8-WEEKS) The doctor’s appointment went great yesterday!  Dr. Peterson is very sweet and natural.  I got to have an ultrasound and got the first pics of sweet baby #2.  We have a healthy heartbeat (162 bpm)!  I am about 8 weeks along and baby is due January 10, 2013!  What an exciting way to bring in the new year J.  It is so nice to now have confirmation, besides the stick, that I am actually preggo again.  It is so exciting and a little scary (to have 2 little ones around), but I am so looking forward to it.  This Momma has lots of love and snuggles to share ;).


6/11/12:  I spent the past weekend in Lake Charles and had a great visit with my family.  I went prepared with bottles of white and red non-alchoholic wine, just in case I needed to hide the fact that I wasn’t drinking.  Luckily, I never had to open the bottles J.  It was another successful weekend of no one noticing!  Now the wait for 3 more weeks, until we get to share the news with our families….CAN’T WAIT!!! J

6/13/12:  John Logan Crawford was born this morning! J  I am so excited for Patrick and Spano and their new adventure.  Seeing photos of their precious tiny newborn is making me even more excited about our growing little one.  I actually told Spano seeing him is making us want another soon…little does she know, one is already on the way J.   

6/18/12: (10-WEEKS)  I think I felt the baby move on Friday night!  I’m not sure though.  Some say it is too early, but the feeling felt very familiar.  When I lay down, I concentrate on my belly just waiting to feel something J.

6/19/12:  I cry at the silliest things.  Last night, it was an Oreo commercial…seriously, an Oreo commercial?!  It was so sweet.  A boy and his Dad were sitting at the kitchen table a glass of milk and each of them had an Oreo.  They twisted the tops off their cookies and right as the Dad was about to take a bite, the son said “Dad, Wait!”.  They showed the clock turning to midnight, then the son said “Happy Father’s Day, Dad”.  I got tears in my eyes.  The wonderful world of pregnancy! J

I have now had to fib to 3 or 4 people about being pregnant.  This is such a big secret to keep for so long!!!  I still have to hold it in for 2 more weeks, until we tell our parents and siblings.  Correction:  11 days...less than 2 weeks J.  This is tough!  Tim agrees it’s tough, but he isn’t the one growing a human inside his belly and dealing with nausea and hormones and hiding the fact that I feel like I’m showing some days.  Don’t mistake those as complaints, it will be totally worth it getting to let Boston share the news in person! 

P.S.  Boston is the cutest baby boy in the whole world.  It is amazing to me that we will have another one like him.  I am working on teaching him to say “Baby” when I ask him what is in Mommy’s bellyJ.

6/25/12:  Boston gave the baby belly kisses this weekend when I asked him to “kiss the baby” J.  He is such a cutie pie!  He is going to be a sweet big brother. J

6/26/12:  I am having a lot of vivid dreams lately.  I usually wake-up not knowing if I had any dreams or not, but the past few nights it has been hard to wake up because my dreams are like I’m watching a movie!  Of course, they aren’t reality and don’t make sense once I wake up but this is something that I remember from my pregnancy with Boston.  So strange!

6/27/12:  Feeling baby kick unmistakably this morning!  It is definitely not gas.  Very Exciting! J  We shared our secret with Aunt Sarah and Chad last night!  We put Boston’s new t-shirt on him and showed Sarah through Skype.  It felt awesome to be able to finally share with family!  It is even more real now and we still have many more special moments to announce!


6/28/12 (12-WEEKS):  I’m very excited to be so close to the 2nd trimester!!! J  Boston is such a little sweetie.  I ask him to give the baby a kiss and he lifts the bottom of my shirt and kisses my belly.  Sometimes he even does it voluntarily.

Caution! Baby TMI:  On another note:  Boston went to the potty for the 1st time last night!  Woo hoo!  This week, I started sitting him on the potty before bath time every night.  Right now, it is fun for him.  Towards the end of his bath, he stood up and said potty (in his own gibberish).  I was so excited, so I sat him down and nothing..but at least he requested to go without me initiating it.  Later, he was making a dirty diaper and Tim asked him if he needed to go potty.  He said yes, so I quickly brought him to the potty to finish his business.  Success! J  We are one tiny step closer to being potty trained! 

Tonight, we get to share the news with Aunt Holly and Ben and tomorrow to Shreveport we go!  I am SO looking forward to a fun, long weekend with family!

6/29/12:  I skyped with Holly for a couple of hours last night catching up on her wedding planning and plans for her move to Houston.  I got Ben to come to the computer, then let Boston share the news.  They were so excited!  I am so thrilled they are moving here, it is going to be wonderful having family in town.  Holly is glad she will be so close for the arrival of this little one.  Yay!




7/5/12 (13-WEEKS):  This past weekend, we made our big trip to Shreveport to share the news.  Friday night, we went to dinner with Tim’s parents (GiGi and Pappy) at Ralph and Kakoos.  I had them hold Boston and take a pic.  Then, asked them to look at B’s shirt.  I got an awesome picture of their surprised faces!  Stacy said “You’re pregnant?!” the same exact way she did for Boston (except a little quieter this time, ha!).  It was wonderful to finally share the news! 




Saturday morning, we got Boston dressed and ready to go in his new “Most Amazing Big Brother Ever”shirt. We brought him downstairs to give MomR and Dad (Ami and PaPierre) hugs before we left. I told them to let me get a picture of them together, then told them to look at B’s shirt. I got a great picture of the huge smiles on their faces. It was a wonderful, memorable moment!   


After that, we went over to Mom and Richard’s (Grammie and Pop) for Mom’s birthday.We had a nice visit with them, then headed to breakfast at Cheesecake Bistro where Katie, Michelle and Ryan joined us too. We had Mom open her gifts, saving ours for last.She opened the gift, which was a coffee cup filled with flower seeds and care instructions saying “Shower with hugs and kisses and promises to be spoiled and under germination time out approximately 9 months.”She started crying with tears of joy.Once Richard discovered the news, he even got watery-eyed too. There was no hiding their excitement!Needless to say, Mom enjoyed her birthday surprise!Michelle and Katie were both surprised and shocked as well.Michelle is convinced she knew already…she said she just had a feeling I was.



It is so wonderful to be able to share our secret now.  It is finally more real now that our family knows!  I am also showing more.  I cannot button my pants and the shirt selection in my closet is becoming more limited.  My maternity clothes will get some good wear this time since I’m showing earlier than I did with Boston.  I have already made some new purchases to expand my clothing selection a bit for my belly. ;).

When I told Spano last night, she informed me that she is moving to the Midland-Odesa area in Midwest Texas.  That is 9 HOURS away!  I have to meet little Logan before they move!!! I am excited for their new adventure, but cannot believe they will be so far!

 7/10/12 (14-WEEKS):  I had a doc appointment yesterday and got a surprise ultrasound!!  I thought I was only going to hear the heartbeat.  The baby was moving pretty calmly with a heartbeat of 142bpm.  It is so neat to see how much he/she has grown in the past month!  The gender appointment is scheduled for my birthday , 8/9th!  I can’t wait to find out if B will have a baby brother or baby sister!!! J
7/16/12:  Scott, Loren, and Eli came to visit us in Houston this weekend.  We had a great visit!  B made his 1st trip to the zoo J.  He didn’t know what to think, but we think he enjoyed it.  We got a taste of how sweet Boston will be as a big brother.  He went to give Eli a hug at one point and accidently knocked him down.  Then, he proceeded to bend down on his knees and say “K?” and then pat little Eli’s head.  What a little sweetie!  He also did a great job sharing his toys.  It was really cute to see them play together all weekend long.  We also found out that they are expecting!!!!  Their #2 is due March 13th, just 2 months after ours!  It is wonderful that B and Eli are so close in age and now our 2nd babies will be also!  Yay for expanding the Grace family! J




7/27/12:  I think I am actually feeling the baby moving this morning J.  I am now having a hard time wearing some of my regular shirts, although I’ve been wearing maternity pants and my bella band for a few weeks now.  Feeling the baby makes it seem more real, as it’s still hard to believe I will be a Mommy of 2!  It is exciting, nonetheless.  I am anticipating my birthday to find out the Gender!

8/1/12 (17-WEEKS): Yesterday, I woke up feeling really pregnant.  Sometimes, at the end of the day, I feel this way but this was the first time I felt it as soon as I woke up.  My belly (and the baby) are growing and it is becoming more obvious.  Yesterday was the first day I felt like strangers might guess that I’m pregnant and not just assume I’m fat J.  I also got to feel baby #2 move almost continuously throughout the entire day for the first time.  Very exciting!  I have been waiting for this moment J.  The pregnancy is already going by so fast.  With the business of working fulltime and being a wife and Boston’s Mommy among all of the household things that need to be done, I just don’t seem to have much time to stop, think, and wait with this pregnancy, as I did with Boston.  I am, of course, enjoying it and loving being pregnant and looking forward to meeting this new member of our family though! J

 

8/9/12 (18-WEEKS):  Today is the day!  Not only is it my 29th Birthday, but today we found out that Baby #2 is a ……BOY!   Boston is going to have a little BROTHER!  We are very excited that they will have a brotherly bond and be able to do boy things together.  We are excited for the many adventures 2 boys will bring us! 





Lunch at Olive Garden (our "special occasion" spot).
Telling our parents the news of their grandSON.

How we told my sisters the news!  
Boston and I decorated this card and I mailed each of them one ahead of time. 
After we found out, I called them and informed them to open the "t" or "d".
Then, they were supposed to attempt to blow up the 2 balloons. 
The pink was supposed to have a hole in it and the blue was supposed to blow up successfully.
They all had unique stories about how my plan didn't quite work, but it was fun anyway! ;)




8/23/12 (20-WEEKS):  I got to see baby #2 and hear his little heartbeat at 140bpm.  He is measuring right on schedule with his due date on 1/10/13, perfect! J  We spent this past weekend with the Crawfords and got to meet sweet 2-month-old baby Logan.  It was an eye opener seeing how different it is with a newborn compared to a toddler!  The newborn seemed so much easier, than I remember now that I have a toddler to chase around.  Boston was so sweet and kept kissing his forehead (a million times) and bringing him his paci (even though the baby wasn’t interested).    I got a great view of what a sweet and loving big brother my Boston is going to be.  When Logan cried, he would run in to see if everything was okay; such a sweet boy!  Boston is more aware of babies when he sees them now, which makes me happy.  Once step closer to him understanding that our family is growing J.



 8/28/12:  Baby #2 is like Pop Rocks in my belly!  He is so active, which makes this Momma very comforted!  J  I am in full swing of planning B’s 2nd Birthday party, which will be Planes, Trains, and Automobiles themed.  Fun, Fun! J  Also, we now have a theme figured out for the nursery.  It will be woodland themed-ish with cute little owls, birds, and alligators incorporated and I’m having a great time picking things out!  We are trying to determine if we want to move Boston to a toddler/twin bed and share his crib with Baby 2 or just get a new crib…decisions, decisions.  I am having lots of fun!

8/30/12:  We have decided on a name….Baby #2 will be BLAKE DANIEL GRACE!  We are very excited to have a name picked for him!  We like that the name is uncommon, but not difficult to spell and it flows with Boston. J  Boston and Blake…it has a nice little ring to it!

Boston is going to be a WONDERFUL big brother!  
We are really looking forward to getting to watch them grow up together! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers