Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

BIG NEWS and our trip to Dallas


On Sunday, December 12th, we found out that Tim is being relocated to HOUSTON! Tim got a long awaited promotion and I am so proud of him. He has been waiting for things to calm down at work, so that he could pursue this new position. It will be much nicer with 8 to 5 M-F hours instead of 3am until... and every other weekend hours. I am so glad that he will be home more and spend time with little Boston. We are very excited about this new adventure! It will be sad to be leaving some family and friends behind in Shreveport, but it's not too far and we will be able to visit easily. We also welcome them to come visit us in Houston :). Tim will start his new position 1/17/11...very soon!

We have placed our house on the market and have been very busy preparing for that. Now we just have to wait for a bite. We are also doing some house hunting in Houston. We are looking at the Pearland and Katy areas and there are lots of options. I am excited to house hunt, because I've never gotten to before :).

This past weekend, we decided to make a trip over to Dallas. With all the changes about to go on for us, we decided to make a visit since we won't be able to for a while. We have wanted to go visit the Crawford's for a while and this was our chance.

Tim was ready to go and I made him take a picture :)

We drove over on Friday morning, met up with Chad, then headed to the Halliburton tailgate for the Cotton Bowl-- LSU vs. A&M (Tigers won!). There were lots of people and it was neat seeing the new Cowboy's stadium from up close. We had a great visit.

Saturday morning we headed to our favorite Dallas brunch spot, Breadwinners. We met up with my cousin Chris who lives there and had a tasty meal. Next, we headed to the boot store. I have been wanting to get some new cowboy boots, because mine are pretty worn out and I refuse to stop wearing them :). I picked out some real cowgirl boots (my previous ones were from a boutique and fake leather). Chad was so sweet and wanted to get Boston his first boots for Christmas and in honor of us moving to Texas. Of course the boots are at least twice his size, but he'll wear them plenty when they fit and they look cute on the shelf in his room ;). We are very excited about our new "Texas" boots. We may be becoming Texanites, but we are Louisianians at heart :). Ha!
Next we headed to Spano and Patrick's (the Crawford's). We got to see their beautiful new house and spend time with them. We watched the Saint's game, ate some good food, and did lots of relaxing.
That evening, it started sleeting. The next morning, it was snowing! It was coming down pretty steadily and it ended up getting to about 3 inches! Spano, Patrick, and Tim went and played in it with the neighbors. I brought Boston out long enough for pictures and so he could see his first snow. He was so cute and made faces when the snow hit his little face. I don't think he knew what to think! We got a picture with the 5' Texas snowman they built and we bundled up back inside.

We had a great weekend! The drive back was pretty and Boston slept the whole way home!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I can't believe y'all are moving to Houston. You are going to love it, Bonnie. And so will Tim & Boston. I could only be more thrilled if I still live here. =) I'm visiting right now! I am coming to Shreveport next week... will you facebook me your cell? I'd love to come see Boston! Congrats on the move & I'm SO excited for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you three! Have fun in Houston - can't wait to see you and meet Boston in March!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers