Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Making room for baby

This past weekend, while Tim was away for his Pike Annual Golf Tournament, I took full advantage of working on clearing out the office to make it a nursery. Do you know how difficult it is to find new homes for things that fill an entire room? Let me tell you...it's challenging! I was able to make a nice pile of things to donate and throw away a bunch of unneeded things, but I managed to fit the rest nicely into new spaces.

One fun part about this organization was going through boxes of items from my past. My parents had given me a few boxes of things they had thoughtfully saved throughout my childhood. I looked through all of it with smiles and tears. It brought back all kinds of memories. As a mom-to-be, I realized that I now have a better appreciation for all of the things they had saved of mine. Even little pieces of paper with finger painted gibberish (have you ever seen Arkansas spelled RKINSOL?- Ha!) and hand-written notes from middle school. This new appreciation gives me yet another reason to be excited to save special items for my baby boy. Molly even got a new toy!

How far did I get? Let's just say there is still more to do, but I DEFINATELY got a good 75% start! I am very relieved to have accomplished so much. The exciting news is that Tim now has room to set up our little one's baby bed! YAY!

Last night I cooked dinner and finally got to relax with my hubby. We cuddled on the couch, shared fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, and watched a movie. My favorite!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed reading this b/c I felt the same way turning our office into Claudia's nursery. Can't wait to see pics of Baby Grace's nursery. =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers